Client Bill of Rights and Responsibilities
We believe that all clients receiving services from OrthoFit Inc. should be informed of their rights. Therefore, you are entitled to:
1. Be treated with dignity, courtesy and respect.
2. Receive reasonable coordination and continuity of services from the referring agency for home medical equipment services.
3. Receive a timely response from OrthoFit Inc. when homecare equipment is needed or requested
4. Be fully informed of OrthoFit Inc. policies, procedures, and charges for services and equipment including eligibility for third party reimbursement.
5. Receive an explanation of all forms you are requested to sign.
6. Receive homecare equipment and services without regard to age, gender, race, nationality, creed, sexual orientation, diagnosis/infectious disease, disability, ability to pay, and Do Not Resuscitate (DNR) status.
7. Receive proper identification from personnel providing services.
8. Participate in decision concerning homecare equipment needs including the right to refuse service within the confines of the law and the right to formulate advance directives.
9. Have all your records (except as otherwise provided for by law or third party payor contracts) and all communications, written or oral, treated confidentially.
10. Have access to all health records pertaining to you and to challenge and have your records corrected for accuracy.
11. Express dissatisfaction and suggest changes in any service without fear of coercion, discrimination, reprisal, or unreasonable interruption in service.
12. Receive information on OrthoFit Inc. mechanism for receiving, reviewing and resolving your complaints or concerns.
13. Be assured that all OrthoFit Inc. staff honors your rights.
14. Receive homecare equipment operating within manufacture’s specifications and fully warranted to the manufacturer's current policy.
15. Have access to qualified staff by telephone 24 hours a day, available with equipment malfunction or other emergencies.
16. Be informed of your responsibility regarding homecare equipment and services.
17 Receive information regarding any financial benefit to OrthoFit Inc. when referred to another organization, service, or individual
18 Participate in the consideration of ethical issues that may arise during your care.
1. Client agrees to use the equipment for the purposes so indicated and in compliance with the physician’s prescription.
2. Client agrees to keep the equipment in their possession and at the address to which it was delivered unless otherwise authorize by OrthoFit Inc.
3. Client agrees to notify OrthoFit Inc. of any hospitalization, change in customer insurance; address, telephone number, physician, or when the medical need fur the rental equipment no longer exists.
4. Client agrees to request payment of authorized Medicare, Medicaid, or other private insurance benefits be paid
directly to OrthoFit Inc. for any services furnished by OrthoFit Inc.
5. Client agrees to accept all financial responsibility for home medical equipment furnished by OrthoFit Inc.
6. Client agrees to pay for the replacement cost of any equipment damaged, destroyed, or lost due to misuse, abuse or neglect.
7. Client agrees not to modify the rental equipment without the prior consent of OrthoFit Inc.
8. Client agrees that any authorized modification shall belong to the titleholder of the equipment unless equipment is purchased and paid for in full.
9. Client agrees that OrthoFit Inc. shall not insure or be responsible to the client for any personal injury or property
damage related to any equipment; including that caused by use or improper functioning of the equipment; the act or omission of any other third party, or by any criminal act or activity, war, riot, insurrection, fire or act of God
10. Client understands that OrthoFit Inc. retains the right to refuse delivery of service to any client at any time.
11. Client agrees that any legal fees resulting from a disagreement between the parties shall be borne by the unsuccessful party in any legal action taken.